Job Title: Sales Representative
Responsible for advancing and securing sales in the market, performs functions to secure new business accounts and service the needs of the existing sales accounts with an assigned territory.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to promote and sell the organization's products within an assigned geographic area, product range, or list of customer accounts to meet sales targets.
- Pursue sales leads, personally visits existing and new customers, assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services, prepares price quotations, delivery dates and service obligations to meet established revenue targets.
- Develop sales skills and knowledge of the organization's products, services, and customers by working closely with a more experienced sales representative.
- Familiarizes existing and new customers with new products and market developments.
- May troubleshoot and handle customer related inquiries.
- Keeps information on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Informs company of competitive activity and conditions that would affect company interests.
- May be responsible for merchandising activities as a point of servicing accounts to make room for more product placement including stocking shelves, cleaning shelves, stocking cold boxes and building displays.
- Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities.
Preferred Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.