Job Title: Telesales Representative
Pay Rate: $10 to $15 per hour
The telesales representative position is a work-from-home sales position that is focused on working down a list of target businesses or contacts to make calls and establish contact where a provided script can be shared. The main goal of the calls is to find prospects that are interested in attending appointments or meetings on another day with a more senior sales person.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to build interest for a set of goods or services.
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to agree to an appointment on another day.
- Gather customer information such as name, organizational details, and environmental details.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Good communications skills
- Able to communicate well over the phone
- Good listening skills
- Able to follow a phone/sales script
- Able to learn new systems and processes
- Experience using common computer-based programs
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to manage time and productivity
- Experience performing telesales or telemarketing in the past is a plus
- Compensation for this position is an hourly pay rate with potential bonuses tied to performance